Concealers are beauty's magic wands when it comes to hiding less than sightly blemishes and signs of fatigue. Whether fresh & natural or full-coverage, flawless skin is your makeup style, concealers are exactly what you'll need. From waterproof formulas like Lancôme's Effacernes to maximum coverage concealers like Cle De Peau's Concealer, see my top concealer picks.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
A light diffusing, densely pigmented concealer. It offers medium to full coverage in a wide range of colors brightening any marks around all areas of your face.
NARS Stick Concealer
Enriched with Vitamin E, it applies lightly with a velvety soft finish. Comes in the same impressive range of colors as the NARS RCC.
Cle De Peau Concealer
A creamy, high impact concealer blends seamlessly into your skin. Contains hyaluronic acid and green tea extract for a natural look, all over. No wonder it's a makeup artist favorite!
My top pick of all concealers . It is a long-wearing, water-resistant formula that come in a vast color range. It applies beautifully for a natural-looking finish.
Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher
New to the US and quickly becoming a must-have. Charlotte Tilbury describes this as a "veil of color" to minimize the appearance of imperfections.
With the second weekend of Coachella already here, I'm looking back on the weekend I spent with Chiara Ferragni and H&M in Palm Springs for weekend one. We created makeup looks that are much less "Boho Beauty" than they were "Chiara Cat Eyes" - a look that accentuate her fluttery lashes and intensifies her baby blues. We kept the skin fresh and dewy, using the desert heat to our advantage.
Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation was our weekend staple. Believe me, it's worth the hype. Not only did it go on a beautifully, but it lasted all day - parties, photos, poolside, and throughout the festival. Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel velvety cream bronzer added a pinch of warmth Chiara's skin. We went for a soft peach lip that could withstand the long day with minimal touchups with NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Isola Bella topped with NARS Christopher Kane Lipgloss in Nebulous from the NARS Melrose Boutique in LA!
I used my favorite YSL Creme D'Eyeliner with the most minute Hakuhodo eyeliner brush to create Chiara's cat eye. I applied a nude stain in Nebulous from the NARS Christopher Kane Summer Collection to keep the focus up top.
We decided to go a little more festive on the last day of Coachella but kept the overall fresh look used throughout the weekend. I used Stila Cream Blush in Petunia to give her a flush with a neutral NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita to enhance her natural lip color.
Merci & à bientôt! xx
With fall in full swing - the cooler temperature is reminiscent of my time in France. One of my greatest pleasures in Paris, among picnicking by the Seine and driving around the city of lights at midnight, was spending hours at a time in Les Pharmacies. Their display windows and doorways brightly-lit by neon green signs automatically make you think, "GO in!" Being prevalent on every street and every corner throughout the city, it was hard to say, "No."
When you finally walk into a pharmacy or pharmacie, the narrow isles stocked high with products all named something you cannot pronounce, is overwhelming enough. At the end of the room, you're greeted (or more likely, not greeted) by a person in a white lab coat who hold all of the information you'd like to know - the only thing is: he/she do not speak English. SO, what do you do?? I'd definitely recommend researching beforehand, or stalk Lisa Eldridge's page like I did.
After all that, I've come up with 5 of my absolute favorite French beauty finds:
1. VICHY Normaderm Triple Action 3-in-1 Cleanser: I love a multifunctional product. Not only is it a cleanser that makes your skin feel squeaky clean, but it's also a scrub that is gentle enough to use daily. When you lay on a thicker layer and leave it to dry, it becomes a mask that will make your skin baby-butt soft.
2. Bioderma Sensibio H2O (previously known as Crealine H2O, as pictured): This gentle, scentless makeup removing water is my absolute favorite pharmacie find. It's something I use this in my personal makeup routine and my professional makeup kit. I use it to remove makeup before cleansing as well as and after cleansing in place of a toner.
3. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate: Two words: Liquid. Gold. This is products is commonly used as a lightweight, yet hydrating, moisturizer packed with aloe vera and shea butter. It doubles up as a makeup remover, and because it absorbs so quickly, triples up as a foundation primer. 10-points for multi-functionality!
4. La Roche Posay Athelios XL 50+: No matter the season, I never leave my home without some sort of SPF and after using this product, I'd rather stay indoors for the rest of my life than use any other sunscreen. It goes on so lightly that it doesn't affect my makeup routine. It also doesn't leave that white film or reflect in flash photography the way a lot of sunscreens do.
5. Homeoplasmine: The balm to soothe all skin irritations. I love to use it on my lips (the waxy texture gives your lips a semi-matte finish) - a little goes a long way - and you know that weird patch of skin around your healing breakout? Yes, it's for that, too.
À Bientôt! xx