With fall in full swing – the cooler temperature is reminiscent of my time in France. One of my greatest pleasures in Paris, among picnicking by the Seine and driving around the city of lights at midnight, was spending hours at a time in Les Pharmacies. Their display windows and doorways brightly-lit by neon green signs automatically make you think, “GO in!” Being prevalent on every street and every corner throughout the city, it was hard to say, “No.”
When you finally walk into a pharmacy or pharmacie, the narrow isles stocked high with products all named something you cannot pronounce, is overwhelming enough. At the end of the room, you’re greeted (or more likely, not greeted) by a person in a white lab coat who hold all of the information you’d like to know – the only thing is: he/she do not speak English. SO, what do you do?? I’d definitely recommend researching beforehand, or stalk Lisa Eldridge‘s page like I did.
After all that, I’ve come up with 5 of my absolute favorite French beauty finds:
1. VICHY Normaderm Triple Action 3-in-1 Cleanser: I love a multifunctional product. Not only is it a cleanser that makes your skin feel squeaky clean, but it’s also a scrub that is gentle enough to use daily. When you lay on a thicker layer and leave it to dry, it becomes a mask that will make your skin baby-butt soft.
2. Bioderma Sensibio H2O (previously known as Crealine H2O, as pictured): This gentle, scentless makeup removing water is my absolute favorite pharmacie find. It’s something I use this in my personal makeup routine and my professional makeup kit. I use it to remove makeup before cleansing as well as and after cleansing in place of a toner.
3. Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate: Two words: Liquid. Gold. This is products is commonly used as a lightweight, yet hydrating, moisturizer packed with aloe vera and shea butter. It doubles up as a makeup remover, and because it absorbs so quickly, triples up as a foundation primer. 10-points for multi-functionality!
4. La Roche Posay Athelios XL 50+: No matter the season, I never leave my home without some sort of SPF and after using this product, I’d rather stay indoors for the rest of my life than use any other sunscreen. It goes on so lightly that it doesn’t affect my makeup routine. It also doesn’t leave that white film or reflect in flash photography the way a lot of sunscreens do.
5. Homeoplasmine: The balm to soothe all skin irritations. I love to use it on my lips (the waxy texture gives your lips a semi-matte finish) – a little goes a long way – and you know that weird patch of skin around your healing breakout? Yes, it’s for that, too.
À Bientôt! xx