Since I’ve been seeing videos and articles that lists all of the things you’ve been doing wrong – eating sushi, folding fitted sheets, using bobby pins – I thought to myself, “Then… what have I been doing right?”
After working as a makeup artist for several years, in the cosmetics department at a major retail store for half that time, I can say I’ve got my SKINCARE routine down pat. Let’s take it back to beauty school and learn how to apply skincare.
How to apply skincare (after you’ve cleansed your skin):
1. TONER: Toners remove excess makeup, close your pores, and balance the pH levels in your skin. Using a cotton pad, sweep from:
a. sides of the nose to cheek
b. cheeks to temples
c. middle of the forehead to temples
d. bottom of the chin to temples
e. one side of the lip and upper lip area to the other side
2. MOISTURIZER (or SUNSCREEN FIRST in the daytime): Apply and even amount of moisturizer on:
a. bride of the nose
e. upper lip
3. MOISTURIZER: Massage the moisturizer into your skin from:
a. bride of the nose to cheeks
b. cheeks to temple
c. sides of the nose up to forehead
d. middle of forehead to temples
e. area above lip to temples
f. chin to temples
4. EYE CREAM: With your ring finger, apply eye cream from the inner corner of your eyes to brow bone in a “C” shape.
5. EYE CREAM: Tap, tap, tap under your eyes.
How have you been applying your skincare? Is this one of the things you’ve been doing wrong or right?